February 8, 2015 - No Comments!

Fixing (not provided) Google Analytics data error

It's been nearly 8 months since my analytics for Vinyldust.com has been wonky.  I'm getting good tracking data in the nature of visits, and time spent, but for a while, my keywords area has simply shown me (not provided).

(Not Provided) in my google analytics

So tonight, I took it to challenge to figure out why - There's very little in terms of documentation about what might be causing it.  Some other blog posts suggest it's due to security settings on the search users end.    Well, I realized tonight that my Google code was very old.  I'd simply been copy/pasting it for a few versions.   I'm hopeful that updating the code is going to solve this issue ... So I'll likely update this post next week to see the outcome.

 

Published by: Mike in Blog, Productivity

Comments are closed.